Sunday, January 30, 2011

One hand washes the other

I suppose author Terry Melanson could be labeled a "conspiracy theorist", but that would be to lump him into a large sack containing a lot of undesirable company.

I would call Terry a "conspiracy historian."  His website (Illuminati Conspiracy Archive) is a rich and well-documented examination of conspiracies:  not lizard overlords or any of that, but solid, historically sound researches into not only Illuminism, Freemasonry and various "occult" traditions, but the equally occulted, as in hidden, machinations of the powerful elites bent of maintaining power, wealth and control.


We don't see eye to eye on a lot of stuff, but Terry's a solid guy.  He's drawn what is perhaps the inevitable conclusion from my post Try this angle and linked to it on his blog as Triangles and Cronyism.  I think the different titles are instructive.  Mine is an invitation to try on a pair of lenses and see something from a different angle; he has taken a much more polemic approach.  I'm on a fence, he's taken a side.  I'm an agnostic, he's a believer.  At least I think that is an accurate if a bit glib assessment.  Anyway, I hope we're both the richer for the difference.

So yeah, this is a plug, a thanks and a shout-out.  Anyone interested in what we examine here on LoS will find his site instructive.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

Need to add an image? Use this code: [ximg]IMAGE-URL-HERE[x/img]. You will need to remove the the boldface x's from the code to make it work.