Saturday, December 15, 2012

(P)(R)ecognition?


In my post about the Clackamas Town Center shooting, I wrote:

A lot more could be constructed on the topic; I could easily search for more coincidences and construct some weird Fortean scenario. I seem to see the number 20 appearing a lot in this story.

Today, I open the NYT and am greeted by this headline: GUNMAN KILLS 20 SCHOOLCHILDREN.

This was at Sandy Hook Elementary School in Newtown, Connecticut.  Killer Adam Lanza was 20 years old.  Like in the shooters in Aurora and Clackamas, the shooter wore black military gear and a mask.

When I first saw this story breaking last night, I immediately recalled something Loren Coleman said on his blog a few days ago, or wondered rather; namely, what will happen over the next two or three days?

Sadly, he got his answer.

Coleman has an ongoing series of articles about what he terms Red Dawn scenarios. Newton is no exception and he does uncover some rather eyebrow-lifting coincidences; the Cosmic Joker is apparently one cruel fu*ker. (Here)

I don't know why the number 20 jumped out at me when I read the first two or three Clackamas articles. I didn't decide to note it until I came across the number in an article about the Biblical Jacob and even then, when I went back to the first articles, the number really wasn't so prominent. Why it jumped out at me, I don't know. But it's eerie to have noted it one day and then see it in a prominent headline the next, in a similar context.

But I can't bring myself to play the game any more today.

The Gid and I offer our condolences and sympathy for the victims, their friends and families.  As parents, we can only imagine the shock and grief of this senseless mass murder.

1 comment:

  1. It seems like some pigeonholing has begun:

    Another former school friend, Jamie Crespo, 19, said: ‘He used to hang with the freaks, guys who dressed in trench coats.’

    Other students remember him walking through school dressed in black, carrying a black briefcase.

    ****

    'He just said he was very thin, very remote and was one of the goths,' she said.


    article

    The photos of this kid don't corroborate this description, but maybe they were from before this "goth" period.

    Can't help but think of Columbine here....that and a lot of young "freaky" kids are gonna catch a lot of shit by their peers in the coming days.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

Need to add an image? Use this code: [ximg]IMAGE-URL-HERE[x/img]. You will need to remove the the boldface x's from the code to make it work.